Golding Vision is the community development arm of Golding Homes which supports our work in developing sustainable communities and making a real difference to the quality of life of our residents. We want to help our residents to make informed choices and improve their health and wellbeing.
Working in partnership with other agencies, we invest £500,000 each year on programme of community projects and acitivites, which focus on four key priorities:
- Place shaping
- Safer communities
- Health and wellbeing
- Financial inclusion
Through the work of Golding Vision we are able to demonstrate that Golding Homes is about more than ‘bricks and mortar’, and is an area of the business that can enhance the lives of our residents.
We have developed a network of partners who work with us on a range of Projects. This has enabled us to make the most of resources available locally, develop highly successful community projects and see tangible improvements for our residents.
- Get Maidstone Working - A joint initiative with Jobcentre Plus and Maidstone Borough Council to help Maidstone’s unemployed get into work.
- We Love Water Programme – An education programme for schools working in collaboration with Wellbeing People and the Hazlitt Theatre that teaches children to drink more water to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Maidstone United Football Club – We are proud sponsors of the Maidstone United Ryman under 18 Team and work with the club on projects to encourage young people to get involved in football.
- Health Awareness Days – Working with Wellbeing People we organise health awareness days in the local community where residents can take part in a range of health checks to measure their general health and wellbeing.
- Try Baby – A cyberbaby scheme developed and delivered by our Community Development Team to help young people gain as better understanding of the issues of parenthood.
We are always keen to hear from local partners who would like to work with us on key community development projects. If you are interested in finding out more then contact the Community Development Team on 0300 777 2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting the Community
Golding Vision also supports many local community groups through its Community Chest Grant Fund and sponsorship programme.
Liza Scholefield, Garden Organic
"We are delighted to be working with Golding Homes and the enthusiastic residents of Walshaw and Telford house. Together we are creating a community garden where tenants can benefit from growing their own organic veg to share and enjoy together."