We hope you enjoy living in your home. It is both of our responsibilities to ensure that your home is well maintained, as set out in your tenancy agreement.
Below is a brief list detailing some of the responsibilities for you, the resident, and us, the landlord.
- Please contact us if you want to make improvements or alterations to your home. You will need to receive written confirmation from us before you start any work. Read our advice sheet for more information: Making improvements to your home
- If you are going away for more than 28 days you will need to let us know
- You are responsible for any damage to your property that occurs as a result of misuse
- Think about ways you can be energy efficient and kind to the environment
- Please keep your garden tidy and clear of rubbish
- Make sure you have taken out home contents insurance
- If your home is burgled, this is a crime and you must contact the Police.
- Carry out repair work to your home within agreed time scales
- Keep the structure and the outside of your home in good condition
- Make sure that water, electricity and gas are supplied safely
- Repair heating and water heating equipment
- Repair and maintain shared areas such as landings, stairways and entrances
If you are unsure of anything or have any questions please do contact us.