Leading on from the latest Government guidance, we are now looking to re-introduce some of our core services to customers.
The key areas that will be changing are repairs and our cleaning/caretaking service. This means you will be seeing more of our people out and about on our estates.
The following change to services will take effect from Tuesday 26 May:
• Repairs – as well as emergency and essential repairs we will now be completing low-risk repairs in communal areas and external spaces.
• Cleaning / Caretaking – our Environmental Services team will resume their regular service.
Following Government guidelines and to protect colleagues and customers, all our Operatives will be wearing appropriate PPE clothing for the job they are doing. The PPE they wear will vary depending on the job and the risk level. All Operatives have been briefed on the right steps to take when entering resident’s homes or working in communal areas. If you would like to read more on the general Government guidelines on PPE please visit their website.
Please inform us in advance of any appointment if you or anyone in your home is self-isolating or showing symptoms of Covid-19. Our operatives will also check on arrival at your home and follow guidance to keep you safe.
Our office in Maidstone remains closed and where possible, we continue to deliver all other services online or over the phone. If you need to contact us please do so digitally via our Contact Us page or call 0300 777 2600 (free from most landline and mobile numbers). We have also produced some Frequently Asked Questions which may help answer any questions you have.
Emergency repairs that will be attended within 24 hours include:
- Any structural issues that are a health & safety concern – these include walls, porches, chimneys, balconies, stairs, and roofs
- Unsecured doors and windows – we will secure and make safe, this includes broken glass
- Electrical issues that are a health and safety concern – this includes no power to sockets and/or lights, exposed wiring, unsafe electrics and light fittings/bulbs for over 70’s and at-risk residents
- Water leaks that cannot be easily contained
- Showers that aren’t working, if there is no bath
- Toilets that aren’t working if it’s the only one in the home
- Hard-wired (not battery operated) smoke detectors that aren’t working
- No hot water or heating in homes where there are over 70’s or at-risk people living
- Lift breakdowns
- Communal lighting and smoke/fire/carbon monoxide detectors
- Lost or stolen door keys – we will change locks free of charge during this period
If you need to report an emergency repair, please call our team on 0300 777 2600.
Essential repairs that will be attended in 3 working days:
- Fences and walls that border public areas
- Rainwater leaks through roofs, windows, and doors
- Water leaks that can be contained
- Individual radiators that aren’t working
- Communal aerials
- Communal doors, door entry systems, and gates
- Blocked waste drains
- Pest infestations in communal areas
If your gas or electrical safety checks are due to expire we will still need access to your home to carry out these important safety checks.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding.