Making Golding Greener
Our Environmental and Sustainability strategy was endorsed by the Godling Homes Board in March 2021.
This strategy will focus our activities and actions under 7 key areas:
- Energy effeciency of existing assets
- Sustainability of new homes
- Working with customers
- Facilities and Operations
- Monitoring, improving and governance
- Get ready and Be ready
Each area is supported by a detailed action plan.
We want to work with our customers, colleagues, communities and stakehplders to promote and deliver sustainable improvements across all of our activities.
In delivering Making Golding Greener we aim to place an early emphasis on:
- improving our energy data to enable us to make good investment decisions.
- establishing our environmental performance baseline via independent accreditation the SHIFT sustainability standard, which is used by Registered Providers to measure and improve environmental performance.
- in-depth understanding of the SHIFT baseline to support the delivery of targeted quick wins and improvements. From this we will plan a holistic and coordinated approach to asset management improvements and ensure we are ready for challenges and opportunities ahead.
Keeping the strategy live
- This is a changing area with continual research and development progress, and likely changes to grant funding.
- The action plan will be updated as required throughout the duration of this strategy.
- The strategy will be managed by the Sustainability Manager with the Executive sponsor, the Director of Development and Sales.
Modern Methods of construction (MMC)
We intend to expand on Golding’s MMC experience. This approach will enable us to deliver affordable and sustainable homes, with reduced embodied carbon, to quicker timescales and so helping to provide more customers in our communities with much needed homes. It will also not support a key funding criterion of Homes England.