Support & Advice
Electricity is part of our everyday lives, but it can be dangerous. It is important that you report any electrical faults to us as soon as you spot a problem.
Here are some useful tips to improve electrical safety at home:
- Never overload sockets.
- Ensure plugs are not visibly damaged and if so replace them.
- Ensure leads are in good condition and replace if the damage is visible.
- Ensure you are familiar with the location of your fuse box in the event of an emergency.
- Check light fittings are in working order and contact us if you think they need repairing or replacing.
- Always switch off electrical items when you are not using them.
- Keep electrical leads for appliances away from water and cookers.
As a landlord, we are required by law to carry out an electrical safety check every five years. We will need to access your home to complete this work and will contact you to book an appointment.