Support & Advice

Back to the list

Gas Safety

Gas appliances that are not working correctly can produce poisonous fumes. Sometimes known as ‘the silent killer’ as you can’t see, taste, or smell it, carbon monoxide (CO) can be produced when appliances aren’t working safely enough to burn the fuel fully. This is why it’s so important to have your gas appliances checked and keep your home and loved ones safe.

If you have a gas appliance in your home, you should also have a carbon monoxide alarm. These are usually located near the boiler. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm please contact us on 0300 777 2600 or report using our customer portal, MyGolding.

As your landlord we are required by law to complete a gas safety check on your gas appliances every year and need access to your home to do this.

We will usually book an appointment with you ten weeks before your annual gas safety certificate runs out. If a problem is found during your gas safety check, we will inform you and work to repair it as quickly as possible.

To report a gas leak 

Call 0800 111 999

Please remember in the event of a gas leak:


  • Create a flame using matches, a lighter or other source and don't use electrical switches such as lights or plug sockets.


  • Put out gas flames if possible.
  • Open your doors and windows
  • Keep people away from the area
  • Turn the gas off at the control valve. You'll find this valve either at the meter or at the point that the gas enters your home.