Ending your Tenancy

If you wish to end your tenancy with us, please complete our Notice to end tenancy and about your home form.pdf [pdf] 1MB You can also send us a signed letter, which we can provisionally accept before we receive the signed form. Please be aware you will need to give four weeks’ notice. The notice period will start from the first Monday after we receive your signed form or letter.

For customers that are moving to a residential care home permanently, we can accept a shorter two-week notice period, if required. Please send us a letter from the care home to confirm the customer has a permanent place.

When you leave your home, it’s your responsibility to make sure it’s clean and that there is no damage. Both the property and garden (if you have one) must be clear of all your belongings.  If you fail to do so you will be charged the cost for putting things right.  You may also be excluded from having another Golding Homes tenancy.

Please be aware Golding Homes can end your tenancy by obtaining an Order for Possession from the court to evict you. 

If you need to end a tenancy on behalf of a deceased customer, please complete the Notice to end tenancy on behalf of another.pdf [pdf] 117KB. This form also includes questions about the home which will need to be completed and returned.