We’re committed to making Golding greener and reducing our environmental impact.
Earlier this year we received a SHIFT silver award, the sustainability standard for the housing sector which assesses the environmental footprint of an organisation. We’re aiming to achieve SHIFT gold by March 2024 and on today, on Earth Day, we’re highlighting the pledges from our Sustainability Strategy that’ll help us achieve this:
- We’ll improve the energy efficiency of our existing homes through measures such as loft and wall insulation and more efficient heating, with a target for all our homes to have an EPC (energy performance certificate) C grading by 2030.
- We’ll support our customers to take positive environmental action by providing energy and water saving advice and promoting recycling.
- We’re providing high quality, sustainable, energy efficient new homes. The average energy performance of our new homes is SAP 83 and we’re committed to increase this to SAP 86. We’ll also include ecological features on every new development.
- We’ll find ways to increase the biodiversity of our green spaces, such as tree planting and wildflower verges.
- We continue to promote home working and online meetings to reduce emissions from staff travel.
- We’ll install electric vehicle charging points at our office and aim for our vehicle fleet to be electric by 2030.